Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stuffed Peppers





I love the taste of sausage and peppers together.  But, I am not a big fan of really soft peppers.  This is my variation on stuffed peppers. 


Here is an approximate recipe.


Ingredients:

Stuffing:


Tomatoes-chopped
Fennel-chopped
Onion-chopped
Garlic-minced
Red, yellow and orange peppers-chopped
Kale-shredded
Healthy sausage-out of casing and crumbled

Green peppers for stuffing- tops cut off and set in a oven safe dish so that they are not falling over. :)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Take the casings off the sausage and saute it in a tiny bit of olive oil.  Once it is cooked add all the vegetables and cooked them until they are softened.

Once they are softened I add the shredded kale and let it get a bit soft.

Stuff the peppers with the stuffing and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

Keep an eye on your kale to make sure it doesn't burn, and keep an eye on your peppers to make sure they don't get softer than you would like them to be. 


My husband is currently doing a diet which excludes grains.  If he weren't eating this dinner, or if I felt like adding grains tonight I would have included some barely or some wild rice.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment