Monday, June 22, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream Cake




I asked my husband what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he told me two different cakes, or so I thought at first.
Then I figured it out how to incorporate them into one very AMAZING cake!!!
So, here is what my mother and I concocted. A german chocolate caramel ice cream cake!

---------------------------

First what we did was make two layers of devils food cake.

Then we softened and mixed up some vanilla/caramel ice cream.

We took the softened ice cream and pressed it into the same size cake pan as the two layers of cake.

I used plastic wrap to line the pan and then pressed crushed oreos into the top of the ice cream.

After power freezing it in my freezer and letting the cakes cool we put them together into this hamburger of cake and ice cream.




Then my mother did the huge task of icing the cake. It took two sessions of icing with some serious cooling in between to keep the ice cream from melting.




This isn't the best pic, but it shows the layers. NUM YUMMY!




Happy Birthday James!

He's not really 15, but 30 candles would have been overkill!!

No comments:

Post a Comment