Monday, June 22, 2009

Feta-Spinach Stuffed Turkey Burgers




This weekend my nephews came to visit and told me about this "gross" gourmet food they had, stuffed turkey burgers. Of course, I thought that sounded delicious.

So.... here we go!


I mixed ground turkey, fresh basil, panko bread crumbs, ground pepper and kosher salt. Then I made some thin patties.



Next, I cut up some fresh spinach placed it with some basil/tomato feta into the middle of two thin patties and sealed the edges. Then I coated them with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. I brushed them lightly with some extra virgin olive oil on each side.


Then I pan seared them (with some olive oil in the pan to prevent sticking) on both sides on medium high on the stove top.


Then I placed the patties in the oven to finish cooking. I placed the temp. at 350 degrees and cooked them for about 30 minutes until the turkey was obviously cooked through.



While they were cooking/baking, I made a yummy topping with some miracle whip and fresh herbs from my garden: spicy globe basil, lemon basil and sweet basil.



I placed the ingredients in the food processor with some kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. I only had to hit pulse a couple of times and it was done!


YUM!


I placed the patties on a nice roll, with some fresh leaf lettuce from my mom's garden and the flavored mayo. I wish I had had some tomato, but I was fresh out!

No comments:

Post a Comment